When to Register for AQE Transfer Test 2018/2019


Should I Be Registering for AQE?

If your child wishes to attend any of the following schools you need to register for AQE.

Belfast Royal Academy
Bloomfield Collegiate
Campbell College
Grosvenor Grammar School
Hunterhouse College
Methodist College
Strathearn School
Victoria College
Wellington College

Antrim Grammar School
Ballyclare High School
Ballymena Academy
Belfast High School
Cambridge House Grammar School
Carrickfergus Grammar School
Coleraine Grammar School
Dalriada School
Larne Grammar School

Bangor Grammar School
Down High School
Friends’ School Lisburn
Glenlola Collegiate School
Regent House School
Sullivan Upper School
The Wallace High School

Banbridge Academy
Royal School, Armagh
Royal School, Dungannon

Foyle College
Limavady Grammar School
Omagh Academy
Strabane Academy
Enniskillen Royal Grammar School

When Can I Register?

This cycle is for children who will enter Primary 7 in September 2018.

Registration for 2018/2019 opened on 2nd May 2018. You can get forms here. Registration closes on Friday 7th September 2018. If you send your form later than this you will be charged an extra £25.

What Documentation Do I Need to Register?

You will need the following:

  1. A photocopy of the child's passport or birth certificate
  2. Two recent passport sized photographs of your child
  3. Payment method £50 (cheque, postal order or online prior to sending formOR evidence of free school meals entitlement (a letter on headed paper from your Primary School Principal or a photocopy of the confirmation letter from the Education Authority)
  4. General Guidance Notes can be found here.

How Should I Send the Form?

It is recommended that you send the form via the Post Office to ensure the correct postage is on the envelope. It is also suggested that you send the form by Recorded Delivery for tracking purposes.

Does It Matter How Soon I Send the Form?

Yes. Places are allocated on a first come first served basis, and every examination centre has a limited number of spaces. In short, if you want to sit the exam in a specific school, you need to get your form in as soon as you can to avoid disappointment. Some schools sit the exams in classrooms, some sit them in halls, so find out what your child would prefer and go from there.

What If My Child Has Additional Needs?

You will need to download a form called an ACC18 Application Form. It needs to be returned by 7th September 2018. To find out if your child is eligible please see the Guidance Notes for Learning, Physical or Medical Impairment and whose first language is neither English or Irish.

Anything Else?

Yes. New GDPR Regulations mean that AQE need permission to send your child's results to your Primary School. They automatically go to you, the parent. Make sure you tick the relevant boxes on page 4 of the Registration Form.